IT Systems Manager
Established, Innovative, forward thinking company needs a strategic thinking IT and systems focussed professional. Salary £30-£35k plus free onsite parking. You would be reporting to the Operations and IT Director, engaging across the business in the development and implementation of the IT systems strategy. In doing so, you will need to be able to plan strategically and understand the business objectives and drivers, then project manage all IT implementations through to completion. This will include coordinating with business functions and third party providers to ensure that IT projects remain on track in terms of timescales, costs and the wider business adoption.
As an IT systems Manager you will:
* Supervise the IT team.
* Ensure that all end-user requests are resolved in a timely fashion.
* Day to day running and setup of the end-user Computers, Phones and Tablets for office based staff and VPN users.
* Engaging with external support companies relating to all aspects of system maintenance.
* Recovering all IT systems in the event of a disaster (may involve occasional out of hours working).
* Ensure that the security of all IT systems is maintained.
* Maintaining all customer-EDI interfaces both in terms of transactional routines and development projects.
* Developing the current ERP (QAD) system to ensure alignment with business requirements.
* Ensuring the ongoing integrity of core systems databases in maintained through regular maintenance, backup routines and scheduled jobs.
* Recommending software and system upgrades as required.
* General maintenance & security of peripheral devices.
* Maintaining inventories of IT equipment.
* Previous IT Managerial experience.
* Strong team player.
* Able to communicate effectively across the business in terms of handling support queries, taking ownership of user problems and being pro-active when dealing with IT issues. This includes troubleshooting and assisting users either by face-to-face, phone, email or remote access communication.
* A natural problem solver with excellent trouble shooting skills.
* Ability to prioritise workload under pressure.
* PC Setup/Configuration/troubleshooting.
* Windows 7 - 10 Desktop Operating Systems.
* Microsoft Exchange 2010 – Mailbox Setups, Storage Size & Public Folders.
* Microsoft Office 2010 Support/ Installation (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
* Active Directory – Password Resets & Account Creation.
* Working knowledge of computer networks.
* Working knowledge of Spam Filters.
* Windows Server.
* ERP and CRM Knowledge.
* Anti-Virus & Firewalls.
* Configuration & Troubleshooting of Mobile Phones & Tablets.
* Understanding of Printers.
* Symantec Backup Exec 2015.
* Network Storage & Shares.
* Working knowledge of EDI.
Beneficial Skillsets -
* Synology NAS.
* Remote management tools.
* Mac OS. Linux. VPN.
* Wireless Systems.
* EDI Integration & Fault Finding.
* QAD ERP Systems / Progress.
* Email & Spam Management
* Working hours: Monday to Thursday (8:30am to 5:15pm) and Friday (8:30 to 4pm). Occasional out of hours duties required.
* 30 Minutes lunch break.
* 25 Days holiday per year.
* Pension Scheme.
* Life Cover
If you have not heard from a consultant within 5 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion