A Cloud Engineer is required to join a large development team in a DevOps style culture to work with development teams in the deployment of cloud based solutions (AWS and AZURE).
The role is offering a salary in the region of £50,000 per annum based on years of relevant industry experience.
This company is a leading software technology business that provides industry leading tools for the process industries, with a particular focus on the Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals market. Their tools are the established industry leader in crude oil selection and refinery modelling, allowing their clients to make optimal use of available feedstocks while maximising safety and minimising environmental impact. They play a business critical role for over 85 companies, including all the oil majors.
Typically, global implementations of the tools span hundreds of users across an organisation. Full support for thin client and Cloud-based implementations allows client companies to minimise implementation costs while maintaining high performance with granular control over access to data and services.
You will be deploying software in a new MS Active Directory domain, requiring you to design the domain, deploy it and then maintain it. This position would be ideal for someone who is able to create things from scratch without the need for instructions. You would be working with internal teams and customer IT teams to deploy, manage and support these cloud based deployments.
Skills / Experience Required
- Managing Active Directory / Windows System Administration
- Windows operating system
- Any Scripting / Automation language
- Deployment tools such as Chef / Octopus / Puppet
- IT security best practice
- Troubleshoot platform & infrastructure problems through analysing data to understand where it has gone wrong and come to a solution
- Troubleshooting customer machines by liaising with their IT departments
- Good communication skills as will be working in a team
Pension Plan, Private Health Care, Life Insurance, 25 Days Holiday
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact Stuart Higgins on or email