IT System Developer Apprentice - Hertfordshire (WD18)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for...
A multinational company who develop and design projection products used for AV and home entertainment systems. They have developed some of the best visual and audio experiences.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this role, you will...
- Help to Develop and support of ERP & Bespoke systems
- Use JAVA, ASP.NET and other code, when required
- Support system upgrades
- Offer daily IT Support to all users, both in the UK and overseas offices
- Adapt to emerging technologies and share knowledge with IT team and users
- Work within a team as well as on individual projects
- Assist the IT Manager with software and system related issues
- Deal with the resolution of IT related issues through creative thinking
Starts with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment, covering: Object-oriented programming (OOP), SQL data modelling, Web and systems development, Event-driven programming.
You will gain City & Guilds Level 3 qualifications in IT Systems & Principles and IT Professional Competence, as well as a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) in software development fundamentals. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning £40k in the IT sector.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have...
- Experience of software development and support
- Some knowledge of C#, Java
- A basic understating of Networking & Windows Servers
- A flexible working attitude and will be willing to complete tasks within given deadlines
- Good communication skills and will be a team player
- 7 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Other Important Information...
Working hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm, 37.5hrs per week
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
You will have the opportunity to go onto a Level 4 apprenticeship.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT apprenticeship career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programs are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.