We are a Software-as-a-Service startup that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, Radley, boohoo and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day. Poq was founded in 2011 by Oyvind, CEO, Michael, COO, Jun, CTO, and Mike, CCO. We have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
Employment type: Permanent
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000What you’ll be doing
- Examining and testing existing software and determining requirements for updated systems in the light of current market.
- Testing and correcting software programs and undertaking viability studies to design software solutions.
- Specialising in designing and building advanced applications for the Android platform that brings an amazing mobile shopping experience to hundreds of millions of people on iPhones and iPads
- Planning and maintaining database structures and work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Making technical design decisions and helping to shape future product development.
- Working closely with brands and customers to deliver innovative solutions by developing leading edge iPhone and iPad apps.
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, implementing new, custom user interfaces for efficiency, development and performance.
- A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in Computer Science.
- Experience in developing Apps in the fashion industry.
- 2+ years’ experience in developing, publishing and supporting different kinds of mobile apps both for Android and iOS platforms.
- Ability to clearly present technical concepts to a non-technical business audience.
- Technical skills in Java/Android, Swift/iOS.
- Competitive salary
- Bike to work scheme.
- Organic fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week.
- Selection of breakfast options provided,
- If you work late, we pay for your dinner and have it delivered to the office.
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday.
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done BBQs, whitewater rafting, a circus workshop, and more).
- Pool table, table tennis, chill out area.
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
For further information or to apply, please click the 'Apply' button now.
Please introduce yourself and attach a copy of your CV with any supporting links/info.