Cyber Security Analyst
Cyber Security Analyst
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 per annum
This role is suitable for individuals with an analytical mind and a strong desire to further develop skills in cyber security whilst protecting one of the UKs leading financial organisations. To be successful you should be able to demonstrate your ability to work independently and as a team to understand complex cyber security problems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Proactively identify and respond to security events within the IT estate.
* Security incident management process.
* Maintain an awareness of current and emerging threats to the organisation and be able to suggest ways that they can be addressed.
* Producing monthly security management information.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
* Grade C or above in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent qualification/experience)
* A level (or equivalent qualification/experience)
* Broad knowledge of and understanding of IT
* Knowledge of IT security principles
* Full stack knowledge from network to server
* Experience working in an IT based role preferably in a security related area
* Good numerical skills
* Attention to detail
* Effectively manage your own workload
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Reliable and trustworthy
* Risk aware
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
* Degree educated in an IT related discipline (or equivalent qualification/experience)
* ITIL Foundation Certificate (or equivalent qualification/experience)
* IT based qualification preferably security related such as GCIA, CCSA, etc.
* SIEM platforms such as ArcSight, Splunk, or LogRhythm
* DLP tools
* McAfee Enterprise suite including antivirus, HIPS, and rogue device detection.
* APT detection and mitigation
* Experience of working in a SOC environment.
* Working with third party security specialists
* Strong communicator (written and verbal)
* Ability to analyse and problem solve
* Patient, diligent and diplomatic
* Pro-active, resourceful and able to use initiative
* Willingness to learn, develop, and keep abreast of technological developments
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.