Web Application Developer / LAMP Developer / HTML Developer
Job Title: Remote UK - Web Application Developer
Location: Hemel Hempstead HQ with remote home based working from any location in the UK
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum (Depending on experience) + excellent benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is an award winning employer and is the UK's leading provider of multi-channel customer service and secure payment solutions. Due to continual growth, they are seeking a talented Web Application Developer to join their team of remote based Developers and Engineers.
They provide website owners and e-tailers across the Globe with a range of business enhancing services that allows companies to interact in real time with their customers while they are on their website. Their intuitive solutions are cloud based so there is no intrusion into a customers' IT environment. Their suite of Live Help and Customer Engagement Services consists of Web Chat, Instant Call-Back, Knowledge Base, Social Media Monitoring and Engagement, Full Workflow and Email Management offered in real time and accessible through one Omni-Channel Console.
NOTE: Our client can only accept applications from candidates eligible to live and work in the UK.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Generate documentation and adhere to ISO working standards.
- Create rich graphical documents.
- Write secure client-side code (OWASP), develop prototypes quickly.
- Develop and automate internal reporting and monitoring mechanisms.
- Respond to QA and technical issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Be able to train out use of the interfaces to other members of staff/clients.
- Liaise with customers regarding projects and support issues.
Essential Skills & Experience required for the role:
- Expert familiarity with PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign and other Adobe design tools.
- Highcharts, Bootstrap, Angular, CSS3, WYSIWYG/Rich Text Editors.
- Successful candidate will need to be security checked by home office and therefore must have been UK resident for at least 5 years - previous/current SC clearance would be of benefit.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strong customer facing skills.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Comfortable with asynchronous network programming, server frameworks, fault tolerance and scalability.
- Familiarity with HTML, PHP, MySQL, NGINX, Apache setup and configuration.
- Familiarity with API Integrations, JSON/XML, SOAP etc.
- Experience with version control systems (GIT/SVN).
- Experience with social networking integration (Graph/Rest API).
- Exposure with linux server systems (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS) at command line.
- Exposure to Virtualization tools such as OpenVZ, Docker etc.
Competencies as Web Application LAMP / LEMP Developer:
- Analytical thinking, ability 'deconstruct' problems and then understand how to make them work.
- Ability to organize time effectively oversee multiple concurrent projects.
- Highly motivated self-starter to join a dynamic team which is growing and evolving quickly.
On a personal level, you will be a great team player with excellent communication skills and a desire to build great internal relations and with our clients to deliver on goals.
What's on offer?
- Life insurance.
- Share incentive scheme.
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks.
- Simply Health & private medical insurance group membership (eligible after probationary period).
- Pension scheme.
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage (when in Head office).
- Focused on education and training (technical talks with internal and external speakers).
- Discounted offers.
- Team days and Volunteering events.
- Employee Recognition schemes.
- Christmas & summer company events.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.