Embedded Software Engineer
An interesting and varied role for experienced, qualified professionals
Our client specialises in the design and supply of high performance electronic air flow sensors for worldwide markets now supplying many of the world's major wind turbine manufacturers as the result of significant expansion. They are based in South West London with excellent main line rail connection to Waterloo/ central London and are still growing.
Working with experienced engineers across the department, the Embedded Software Engineer will play a significant role in the timely delivery of embedded real-time software design for new and enhanced product ranges. An ability to develop a good understanding of the end user requirements is key to the success of this role. Additionally, the job holder will be expected to participate in the joint review of code and documentation produced by the software team.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate will have a related degree and experience in high reliability software design and verification. The successful candidates will also have good project management skills and customer awareness. Knowledge and use of Assembly language and Embedded C is essential and familiarity with IAR design tools, ARM and TI MSP microcontrollers would be a significant advantage.
Other Essential requirements/attributes include:·Evidence of in-depth and practical industry experience in software design and software Q.A. control·Experience in design and test of high reliability code·Familiarity with all aspects of Software Q.A. ·Experience with software development and support for a high technology manufactured products·Knowledge of electronic hardware, firmware and software. ·Knowledge of integrated circuit interfacing and digital and analogue communication systems at a design level·Knowledge of RS232, RS485 and RS422 serial communications and I2C and SPI protocols.
• Good attention to detail and accuracy
• Capacity to develop good understanding of end user requirements
• Strong customer awareness
• Demonstrated ability to prioritise to meet tight timescales
• Proven problem solving and communication skills
• Flexibility to work as part of a multidisciplinary team or to work independently, as required
Other desirable attributes include:
• Experience in TI MSP Micro controllers and ARM micro controllers
• Experience of PC application development with C# or other high level .NET Visual Studio programming language
• Knowledge of the ASP.NET MVC framework and Microsoft SQL Server DB Management System
• Project management skills