Audio Visual Technician
We are recruiting for an Audio Visual Technician to join our client’s award winning events, conference and exhibition space in London. We are looking for a client facing candidate, experienced with integrated AV systems and working under pressure at live events. This is a challenging but varied and very exciting role where you will play an integral role within the AV support team, and will be frequently exposed to Director level and VIP customers on a regular basis, a friendly calm approach coupled with excellent customer service and the ability to work in a corporate and pressurized environment is as vital as technical ability.
- Presentation support of internal audio visual resourced events.
- ‘Live’ operation of sound desks in an event environment – specifically on a QL5 desk.
- To carry out routine testing of portable and installed equipment to diagnose, log and report operational faults.
- To retrieve portable equipment as soon as practical to do so and return to storage.
- To operate the Presentation and Video Conference Systems and associated electronics.
- Working with Systems Engineers to assist in the diagnosis and rectification of faults to ensure that all systems are fully functional and that equipment and system down time are kept to a minimum.
- To assist in the booking and allocation of equipment for events.
- To supply and install, set up and test, installed system / equipment in various locations with relevant client handover.
- To supply and install, set up and test, portable equipment in various locations.
- To prepare and test equipment prior to installation or supply.
- To accurately and quickly diagnose and report problems and faults to Senior Support Staff or in their absence the responsible member of the associated team.
- Working with all other team members to ensure complete commissioning and hand over of jobs to the client or service department.
- Assisting in the provision of support for internal and external high priority events.
- Demonstrable AV support experience within live events.
- Experience using a digital mixing desk is essential.
- Experience operating analogue and digital mixing desks, experience on a QL5 preferred, radio mics, seamless switchers and Barco projectors.
- Be organised and flexible with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day.
- Strong client facing skills and customer-focus with an understanding of the sensitivities of working on a client’s site.
- Represent the company in a professional manner on its customers’ sites.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and Mac products.
- Excellent customer service skills and proven experience dealing with customers.
- Experience using AMX controlled switching, Extron switchers, Polycom VC and fault finding across a large complex AV installation.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure is essential.
- Be able to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Flexible approach to working hours when supporting live events (the role and shifts include evenings and weekends).
- Experience working in a professional/corporate environment.