Senior Analyst - Business Intelligence (NHS)
NHS Experience Required.
The Senior Analyst will deliver information, reports and ad hoc analytics to meet all external and internal customer requirements.
The post holder will provide high quality business intelligence services to managerial, clinical and operational staff for strategic, operational and research purposes. This includes business planning and modelling, income support, data quality, statutory and corporate reporting and an ad-hoc service requests to help shape and inform service improvement. ?
- Help to deliver business intelligence solutions to drive improvement and efficiency. ?
- Developing and producing a suite of standard reports and dashboards to agreed quality standards. ?
- Providing clear business intelligence guidance and support to junior members of the team.
Specific experience and skills ?
- Good understanding of Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, in particular hands on experience of PowerBI including PowerPivot. ?
- Good numerical skills and understanding of statistic is essential. ?
- Experience of creating reports and delivering ad hoc analytics with the use of Microsoft Analysis Services. ?
- Good understanding of modern data warehouse designs including understanding of key concepts like dimension, measure, fact. ?
- Working knowledge of T-SQL to query databases and ability to utilise it as part of ad hoc reporting, data discover and data quality assurance processes. ?
- Working knowledge of DAX is desirable as is experience of building and extending data models. ?
- Working knowledge of QlikView would be an advantage. ?
- Experience in business intelligence, during which both professional and management capabilities. ?
- Demonstrable experience in healthcare analytics would be a significant advantage. ?
- Knowledge and understanding of mandatory reporting requirements with NHS and understanding of NHS datasets would be a significant advantage.
- Creation of reports with use of Microsoft reporting tools. ?
- Creating insightful analytics based on available data. ??
- Data quality assurance and reporting on data quality. ??
- Data discovery and ad hoc analytics to support customer queries. ??
- Building and extending data models using Microsoft tools including PowerPivot and PowerQuery.??
- Participate in discussions involving the application creation and understand the requirements and provide the back-end functionality for the applications. ??
- Actively support development and creation of data warehouse by clearly defining requirements, providing data definitions and working with key stakeholders to ensure full understanding of business requirements.