Audio Visual Events Technician
You will be responsible for delivering a demanding calendar of corporate events, maintaining the quality and standard of the client’s experience. You will be responsible for all aspects of AV in relation to client’s events from pre planning, identifying technical requirements, attending meetings in an advisory capacity and event execution.
- Provide AV Event Support.
- Process telephone enquiries made to the Events team hotline.
- Report all service shortcomings affecting Events Team to the AV Events Team Leader.
- Deliver a high standard of service in accordance with SLAs for the team.
- Be fully conversant with H&S and First Aid procedures.
- Ensure a consistent standard is maintained throughout all events and that all processes are routinely followed.
- Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management
- Carry out all aspects of the AV service prescribed in Event Function Sheets.
- Maintain personal awareness of procedures relevant to the Events Team.
- Deal with day to day administrative duties and any ad hoc duties assigned by the senior staff.
- Arrange any dry-hire requirements as part of events planning.
- Support and train others within the company to ensure procedural knowledge is passed to all members of your team
- Travel across both sites.
- Process enquiries to the Events team mailbox.
Provide AV coordination support where required:
- Accurately record and deal with requests and queries online, on telephone or via any other tools as provided
- Provide a video conference room booking service and be fully conversant with the Condecco Resource Booking, AV & VC booking procedures.
- Contact customers to discuss and confirm their video conference requirements
- Manage the AV mailbox
- Carry out first line support & trouble shooting/real time diagnostic activities
- Allocate AV jobs, adhoc AV requests and video conference support to the AV Technicians and co-ordinate their day to day activities
- Report all service shortcomings affecting the AV Helpdesk to the appropriate Manager
- Act as a primary contact for adhoc AV requests and be an excellent link between the clients and the AV Technicians
Key Skills required by the post holder
- Minimum of (3) three years’ experience within a client facing Corporate Events field
- Ability to provide workings standards to the highest specification within a Corporate Head Office Building.
- Hands-on experience of Tandberg/Polycom/Lifesize; AMX/Crestron; Clear One; Extron and Mediastar systems.
- Live experience of digital sound desks including microphone management and EQ
- Crestron control systems including virtual and physical signal routing
- Basic stage lighting principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software and systems.
- CTS Certified or similar vocational qualification(s) prefered. Candidates without this qualification will be expected to complete this training onsite
- Multi-camera control systems and vision mixing
- Video & Audio Conference experience including Point-Point and interactive Multipoint events
- Understanding of multiple display types including aspect ratios and video walls
- Expert PowerPoint user and knowledge of MS Windows