Audio Visual Technician
Main Purpose of Position
To provide client Audio Visual onsite meeting room support services, to include system operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic communication systems including but not limited to video conferencing, audio visual, projection, pro audio, video and control.
Responsible for the safe and correct diagnosis of faults, removal, 1st line repair, test, and operation of all aspects of audio visual, video conference, display and presentation technologies.
Correct operation of meeting room AV systems in the most efficient and effective manner to ensure minimum down time and maximum performance.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the post holder
- To ensure a prompt, courteous and appropriate response to all customer requests for assistance, support, short timeframe requests and room administration, working to defined service level agreements and within contractual timeframes / frameworks working directly alongside other front of house services.
- Accurately and quickly diagnose and remedy faults and problems with both AV, VC, AC and TP systems.
- Support for high profile meetings.
- Research and obtain information on position specific training opportunities.
- Ensure that all systems are fully functional and that equipment and system down time are kept to a minimum by providing troubleshooting and handover to other identified personnel or departments.
- Responsible for accurate tracking of the client’s hardware inventory.
- To provide advice and support to all other staff whenever necessary and to train any associated staff as indicated by senior staff.
- Maintain accurate and current company and customer files.
- Responsible for updating all manuals, safety practices, and technical information held.
- To maintain a smart appearance at all times.
- To work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times.
- Be responsible for the general tidiness, cable management, safety and order of the service area and meeting rooms - maintaining the highest in room standards at all times.
- To ensure all work is performed to the Company standards and that quality techniques are practiced.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company or client management.
Provide AV coordination support where required:
- Accurately record and deal with requests and queries online, on telephone or via any other tools as provided
- Provide a video conference room booking service and be fully conversant with the Condecco Resource Booking, AV & VC booking procedures.
- Act as a primary contact for adhoc AV requests and be an excellent link between the clients and the AV Technicians
- Contact customers to discuss and confirm their video conference requirements
- Manage the AV mailbox
- Carry out first line support & trouble shooting/real time diagnostic activities
- Allocate AV jobs, adhoc AV requests and video conference support to the AV Technicians and co-ordinate their day to day activities
- Report all service shortcomings affecting the AV Helpdesk to the appropriate Manager
Key requirement of the post holder
- Hold a relevant qualification, preferably to A level or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of audio DSP based technologies, gain structure and the requirements of sound reinforcement within the presentation environment.
- Knowledge of touch screen and web-based technology.
- Experience in IP and telephony based video conferencing systems.
- Be organised and flexible with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day.
- Being able to prioritize and work under pressure is essential.
- Strong ethic of following process and procedure.
- A working knowledge of communications, networking, audio visual systems and system components is essential.
- Experience in the testing, fault finding, servicing and maintenance of electronic audio visual systems, or related field.
- Solid foundation
- Be competent to a high level of computer literacy.
- Ability to think laterally finding an appropriate solution to fulfil an application or meet a deadline.
- Have the ethic of delivery of a quality solution where second best is not good enough.
Key skills required by the post holder
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- A formal AV qualification or equivalent is desirable, but not essential
- Be able to work on own initiative and accept accountability.
- Represent the company in a professional manner on its customers’ sites.
- Be able to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail.