3rd Line VMWare Engineer
My client requires a 3rd Line Storage and VMWare Engineer, this is a 3rd line role however many companies would consider this team and their level if skills and experience on par with 4th line.
You will be working with the latest technology and as much training as you can handle, you will be encouraged to go on as many courses as you wish. Another aspect of training is they company ensure the vendors always provide them with the latest equipment so you will have every opportunity increase your skills.
The team support a wide variety of clients so no two situations will be the same, because of the level of expertise in the team they are constantly give those things that others cant fix.
You will be working on a Monday to Friday rota, 37.5 hours per week, with either 8 am, 9am or 9:30am starts, you will also be required to go on 1 week in 4 rota, 6pm - 8am, however should you be called you will not be required to go to the office, you can support the client from home. There is also a generous call rate to compensate you.
The team also get involved in many interesting projects. The company offer great career progression, so you will have the opportunity to take your career in a number of directions.
· Thorough knowledge and experience of VMWare with VCP accreditation on V5 or later
· Working on Enterprise level environments
· Advanced Microsoft Server operating system knowledge.
· Backup Technologies
· Experienced in ITIL best practices desirable.
· Proven Customer service skills
· Storage Experience with either, NetApp, HP 3PAR or EMC VNX
· Backup Technologies e.g. Commvault, NetBackup, Avamar, Veeam & HP Data Protector
· Symantec Enterprise Vault
· Security Clearance (SC) advantageous
· VBlock administration experience
· Cisco UCS