Developer £50k per annumPermanentCanary WharfRef: DeveloperA very unique and exciting Developer role has become available working for a global leader in financial information services with fantastic credibility and reputation in this market. This is a brand new permanent role working Monday to Friday from 9am - 5:30pm based in beautiful, vibrate, busy offices within Canary Wharf and paying an annual salary of up to £50,000.The successful candidate will be reporting to the London Design Team Leader and working within the London Design team to provide document solutions to meet the needs of the business and in particular to create and develop templates and add-ins in Microsoft Office Suites 2010 and 2016. Other key responsibilities are listed below:Key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Working closely with global publishing, analytical and technical teams to find ways of meeting the needs of the business in relation to the authoring and formatting
- Functioning within a small and working in a highly collaborative, creative and flexible way
- Frequently working directly with senior members of the analytical groups on document and graphic design whilst ensuring adherence to identity and style protocols.
- Working closely with the London based IT Development team on projects that involve the automation of the publishing process
- Developing of content and re-use capabilities between different parts of the authoring/publishing process by means of content control in MS Word
- Feeding content in HTML format to the various company websites.
- Forming a major part of the Developer's job as the other analytical groups are brought onto the platform.
- When not active on the publishing automation process, the DTP / Designer will be involved with the routine document design and production work which the London Design Team undertakes.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word template design
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel template
- Advanced knowledge of MS PowerPoint template design and functionality
- Desired experience using XML XSLT, VBA development
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML/HTML5 is desirable
- Adobe CC applications, particularly InDesign and Illustrator plus a working knowledge of Photoshop
- Experience in Action creation and batch scripting an advantage