Lead Developer Egham
Job; Lead Developer – Egham
As part of a high performing innovative and creative IT team you will develop, test and deploy application functionality to existing and new services. You will be involved in creating prototype and proof of concept applications in a variety of languages and technologies. You will work alongside this company’s IT’s strategic partners and vendors to assure quality of solutions provided, resolve bugs and make small to medium functional changes to a portfolio of applications.
- To generate and deliver innovative solutions using a blend of new and established technologies. To lead third party development teams and internal contractors with regards to solutions, delivery, design, quality and technologies.
- To design applications and services which enable and support business agility and flexibility. Understand their business and IT strategy in order to define flexible and pragmatic principles, best practises and strategy for application design, development, delivery and integration.
- Maintain a knowledge of current and emerging technologies. Facilitate evaluation and selection of software products, technologies and vendors.
- You will work with and lead vendors and partners to deliver solutions and services. Some smaller projects may be delivered internally. You will work with and lead 3rd party developers and contractors to validate and verify solutions, application design and architecture. Influence senior leadership team and contribute to their application and technology road-map as well as their strategy.
- Previous architecture experience.
- Previous development background.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and business needs.
- Able to explain complex technology terms to non-technical colleagues and stakeholders.
- Object-oriented programming in multiple languages
- AGILE development
- .Net Framework 4+
- C# or VB.Net
- Databases (including SQL Server and Oracle)
- Good knowledge of SQL & XML
Desirable / nice-to-have;
- Experience of Agile project methodologies.
- Understanding of network architecture.
- Experience of creating business cases.
- PHP development and experience using PHP framework(s)
- Experience with HTML5
- Experience developing on CMS
- Experience using Source Control solutions
- REST architecture an RESTful APIs, SOAP
- Regression Testing
- Mobile applications
- Cloud platforms and technology
- Database schema design
- Data models
- Multi-tier architecture
- Web architecture
- Basic Infrastructure and platform design
- Good knowledge of multiple technology stacks, such as Microsoft, LAMP, Open Source
- Mobile sites & applications
- £’s; fully D.O.E up to approx. £50k,
- Benefits; 25 days’ annual leave, private medical insurance, company pension, amazing offices,
- Where they’re based; a 10 min walk (0.5 miles) from Egham train station – 37 mins’ direct train from London Waterloo,
- How to get to them; 5 mins drive off the M25 (Jnct 12-13),
- Interested? Please send CV (preferably as a Word doc as opposed to PDF),
- Not for you but you know someone suitable? –Profile 29 can pay a referral fee,
- Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),