Linux Systems Administrator
Job Title: Linux Systems Administrator
A leading Gatwick based Aircraft Connectivity Specialist is offering the opportunity for a Linux / Unix Systems Administrator to join the team.
This position will suit you if you're professional and able to develop relationships with others, are well organised, calm under pressure and able to lead others in the face of interesting and diverse challenges.
- Build, maintain and administer Linux based systems for the on-board and ground based components of the product line
- Deploy and integrate application components to on-board servers
- Component build automation, version control and documentation.
- OS customisation, device driver compilation, control scripts development, and systems debugging
- Build, configure and maintain Test and Development environments.
- Use automated build tools (vagrant, ansible, kickstart etc) to ensure deployed components are built and delivered as per specification
- Assisting development teams by handling day to day server and system administration
- Provide technical support and engineering for a range of Linux based systems both physical and virtual (VMWare and LXC)
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a technical role with at least demonstrable experience with Debian and/or CentOS system build, configuration and administration
- Specific experience in the following areas:
- Linux virtualisation - KVM/Containers
- Linux Security - IPtables/SELinux
- Working experience with at least one of the following high level languages; Bash, Python, and Perl
- Advanced knowledge of Automated build environments such as Vagrant & Ansible
- Linux kernel concepts, device drivers
- Experience utilising virtualization and cloud technologies (VMWare, AWS)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, load balancing, and keen understanding on networking essentials and current Internet technologies