Master Data Manager
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Architecture, you will be accountable for ensuring that critical master data is properly identified, managed and controlled in core OCS applications. You will identify and document key master data entities across the existing OCS application estate, and will develop new strategies, processes and techniques to better manage master data.
Specifically, you will:
- Identify and document the location of existing master data entities
- Understand and document any data masterhood issues and risks
- Develop and communicate new processes and techniques to manage master data more effectively
- Investigate opportunities to automate master data improvements
- Work closely with Application Managers, Project Managers, Enterprise and Solution Architects and Project Managers as well as external delivery partners to align the master data management activities to other project deliverables and timelines.
- Support the development of a new Enterprise Application Integration capability, mapping master data entities to new integrations, web services and APIs as necessary
- Work with projects to continuously improve master data through planned changes
- Report regularly on progress to relevant governance forums and bodies
You will already be experience in managing data and master data in particular. To succeed in this role, you will need:
- To have had exposure to ITIL, CoBiT, Prince2 frameworks or similar.
- Experience of working in a facilities management environment - advantageous.
- Experience of managing SAP master data (preferred)
- Exposure to IT project delivery processes and best practise.
- A career history showing progression within IT data management roles within a challenging, changeable environment comprising multiple business systems and with a need for synergy.
- A track record of delivering world class master data solutions within a large, complex commercial operation where flexibility and value for money are key success factors.
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.