My client is currently looking for a Java Developer for their innovative and award winning software company in Manchester. This role will join a talented, agile team of developers working on a bleeding-edge, tablet-ready web application that is received by a multitude of blue-chip companies.
The technology stack comprises of core Java on the server, with HTML5/CSS3 on the client and bespoke client/server architectures/frameworks. The product is a native-feel web application for the processing and analytics of big data, making for attractive reporting and dashboards.
Key skills and experience:
- 2+ years commercial Java development, architecture and development of scalable 2+ tier and/or distributed applications
- OOP experience
- Experience of the FDLC
- Degree education (2:1 minimum)
- data analysis/statistics (R, predictive)
- Google Closure library/compiler
- Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, NoSQL)
- distributed systems
- cloud computing
- internet/network protocols
- data visualisation/charting