A Cloud Engineer with experitise in identifying suitable cloud hosting solutions to meet customer requirements is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading software technology company based in Cambridge, providing PC / Web software tools/solutions within the energy sector.
The role is offering a salary up to £50,000 per annum based on years of relevant industry experience.
The company plays a business critical role for over 70 companies, including all the oil majors. Their new supply chain toolset, launched in 2010, expands the scope of their tools into a much broader market. A strong development roadmap has added further modules for scheduling and logistics management (with more to come) as well as addressing other process industries, such as food & beverage, chemicals, mining and pharmaceuticals.
The tool set runs complex and computationally-demanding mathematical models to predict the behaviour of industry processes. The emphasis is on developing robust, highly optimised and scalable solutions offering flexibility across desktop, web, mobile and programmatic interfaces. Enterprise implementations of their tools may span thousands of users across an organisation. Cloud deployments allow their clients to minimise implementation costs and maximise performance with granular control over access to data and services.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will work as part of an Agile team, with responsibilities including:
- Researching and implementing application hosting solutions within private and public clouds
- Designing and maintaining workflows for efficient configuration and delivery of software packages
- Developing tools to monitor system stability and ensure resilience and performance
- Troubleshooting complex problems and resolving operational issues, working closely with colleagues in a variety of disciplines
Skills / Experience Required
- Experience of Windows Systems Administration
- Experience of managing Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience of scripting/automation languages such as PowerShell
- Solid understanding of security best practice
- Proven ability to troubleshoot platform and infrastructure problems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of deploying and managing applications on a public cloud provider such as Windows Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Experience of managing and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Microsoft IIS
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience of using Microsoft DSC
- Experience of configuring services relating to SSO
- Experience of creating/maintaining application monitoring services
- Working knowledge of Microsoft .NET, Python or other programming languages
- Experience of working as part of an Agile team
Pension Plan, Private Health Care, Life Insurance, 25 Days Holiday
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact Stuart Higgins on or email
Keywords : Agile Cloud Application Hosting Private Cloud Public Cloud Workflows Configuration Resilience Performance Troubleshooting Windows Systems Administration Active Directory Scripting Automation PowerShell Windows Azure Amazon Web Services AWS SQL Microsoft IIS Hyper-V DSC SSO .NET Python