Commercial Manager Rail Infrastructure
Commercial Manager - Rail/Infrastructure
We have an immediate requirement for an experienced Commercial Manager with a QS background to support Commercial and Procurement Services to Network Rail Infrastructure projects.
This is a large capital investment programme over a number of years allowing surety of workload.
- Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages/contracts utilising forms of contract such as the NEC3 suite.
- Demonstrable track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or another relevant business discipline.
- Professional qualification and/or membership of the RICS or other relevant Chartered Institute would be an additional advantage.
- Rail experience within an infrastructure background.
- Knowledge of the NEC contract.
- A core professional background with a recognised professional qualification.
- Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages/contracts utilising NEC3
- MRICS and extensive experience and or CIPS with an in-depth experience of maintaining contract compliance and driving value through the supply chain within complex construction projects
Manage the delivery of projects providing pre-award, procurement and post-award contract administration support, monitoring compliance with contract obligations and driving value and innovation from the supply chain.
Provision of an 'inception to completion' commercial function for all work packages making up the commission.
- Prepare recommendations for interim payments to suppliers in accordance with contract requirements and produce payment certificates.
- Provide post contract award commercial services for both 'goods' and 'services' up to and including Final Account.
- Maintain financial impact assessments for instructed change.
- Carry out cost impact analysis of proposed changes to scope/schedule.
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation of cost reports and analysis on a Work Breakdown Structure /Activity basis, identifying areas of learning and any recommendations for efficiency improvement.
- Work with the client teams to integrate commercial activities.
- Identify areas of cost risk including mitigation measures and opportunity and keep the Risk Manager informed of contingency drawdown/returns.
- Work with the Procurement Manager to develop robust and optimal Procurement Plan and strategies.
- Work with the contract team to ensure correct and robust contractual terms are built into contracts.
This is a permanent role
Latest Employee Reviews:
Huge breadth of projects. The company has a global perspective. Lot's of opportunity for collaboration on the firm-wide level.