Senior Mobile API Developer - Relocate to Bangkok
PLEASE NOTE THE ROLE IS BASED IN BANGKOK, THAILAND! - please only apply if you are willing to relocate if successful (full relocation package on offer).
Technologies of interest (we are not expecting you to have them all):
- C# and/or Java (or other JVM language)
- Scripting (Python / Ruby / …)
- WCF / Web API, IIS
- Django / Play Framework
- Cassandra / Hadoop
- Memcached, Redis
- Postesql, SQL Server, MySql
- Jenkins, CSpider
Please note this role is open to both Thai and International applicants, however a good standard of English (both written and spoken) is a requirement.Role:
Our client understands the value of a great mobile experience for their customers and are constantly investing in mobile app development. Right now they are on the finishing lines of launching an exciting update to their iOS and Android apps. They are using this opportunity to re-engineer their API with the newest technologies to better support constant growth and improve overall performance of their system. They have a road map to extend this significantly and are pushing to become the world's best.
Our client is looking for engineers who:
- Love and understand back-end and seek the challenge of using state of the art technologies to build a robust, scalable and blazing-fast API.
- Can deliver high quality, well-designed and deeply tested code within tight time constraints; so a deep understanding of OO design principles and familiarity with unit-testing will be crucial.
- You are expected to be fluent at explaining and rationalising your decisions. Expertise in distributed platforms (like Hadoop, Cassandra, etc) is a major plus, but we expect you to be able to master these and many other technologies as we go.
- In addition, they expect superb attention to the details of performance and scalability of produced solutions (SQL queries, smart caching, code and more). You will be expected to introduce proper measurements in production and constantly analyze them to verify set performance goals and suggest further improvements.
- Ultimately, they are looking for real technologists who have a great passion for creating the reliable back-end architecture required to support fantastic apps. They want creative ideas on how to save their customer another 100 milliseconds waiting for results or how to architect the server side to support tens of thousands of requests a second.
You will join the mobile API scrum team and as part of their day-to-day responsibilities will:
- Come up with best suitable technology and architecture for their tasks
- Work closely with app teams to understand their needs
- Communicate constantly with product owner to understand and measure business values of developed features
- Supply ideas (technological and product) to improve the overall app experience
Our client is one of the leading and fastest growing IT employers in Southeast Asia. With world class talent from over 65 countries, the atmosphere of a start-up and the muscle of a $3bn business, this company is an incredible technical creative melting pot. They believe very much in the new generation of programmers. Dynamic, creative, curious, aware of the latest technologies and programming techniques and at the same time willing to learn - and challenge - their experienced developers already on board.We welcome applications from both international and local based applicants. A relocation package and visa sponsorship will be offered to eligible persons.
If you bring what it takes and this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.