Group Infrastructure Manager
Group Infrastructure Manager (up to £67,000) - Permanent
One of my clients in the Sutton Coldfield area are currently on the lookout for a Group Infrastructure Manager to lead a small team of Infrastructure Engineers responsible for supporting and managing their infrastructure, including both their internal systems and the platforms their solutions are hosted on.
The type of person they’re looking for is a strong infrastructure leader with previous hands-on experience covering a wide range of skills including Servers, Networks, Virtualisation, Storage and Microsoft technologies etc. who is capable of delivering robust solutions and best practices in accordance with defined SLAs.
You will need to define the Infrastructure roadmap (aligning it with Development team activities), help the team to prioritise projects, provide technical advice & guidance where required and play an active role in budgeting for hardware and sourcing services from 3rd parties to ‘buy-in’ additional expertise where required to successfully deliver project work across the expanding group platform.
Group Infrastructure Manager - Essential:
- Previous experience leading a team of infrastructure engineers to deliver a 1st class 24/7 service.
- A leadership & management style that believes in people and provides them with the authority, space and opportunities for learning required to succeed in their individual roles.
- Demonstrable knowledge in the area of network security, ideally supported with formal certifications / qualifications.
- Working knowledge of Information Governance and relevant ISO standards, e.g. ISO9001, ISO 27001, etc.
- Patient, constructive and collaborative.
- Personable, confident and hardworking, with excellent organisational, communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to make hard decisions where required to ensure that the business has the best opportunity possible to succeed.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- ITIL Foundation (or equivalent) certification.
- Wide range of technical skills: Windows Server (2008 upwards), LANs, WANs, TCP/IP, Virtualisation, VMware, Routing, Citrix, SANs, SQL Server, Network Design, Firewalls, Active Directory, Group Policy, System Monitoring & Management.
Group Infrastructure Manager – Desirable:
- VMWare certification
- 2-factor authentication
- Open Source, Linux, VoIP telephony expertise
- PRINCE-2 or other project management experience
- Degree qualified
The company themselves were founded in the 90’s and currently work with approximately 100 local authorities and 1000 organisations throughout the UK. Due to their continued growth and future plans for expansion, now is definitely an exciting time to join.
If it's something you're interested in then please send your CV to Kris Ram @ X4 Group or call for further details.
Tags: Group Infrastructure Manager, IT Manager, Head of IT, ISO 9001/27001, Lead Infrastructure Engineer, Network Manager, IT Service Manager