CAM Applications Engineer
Solid People - CAD Recruitment Specialist
CAM Application Engineer
Industry - Engineering, CAM Solutions, Machining, Die, Tooling, Milling, CAD CAM.
Salary - Negotiable Depending on Experience
Established in Cambridge, UK in 2009, our client provides CAM software solutions, offering all the tools needed to manufacture prototypes, models, moulds, dies, patterns and finished products. Their specialist area is 3D HSM CAM with Their product. All their staff have a wealth of CAM experience, having worked in the CAD CAM and engineering industry for many years. A fantastic opportunity has arisen as they are currently looking for a full-time experienced Applications Engineer to join our CAM Customer Services Team, based at their offices in Cambridge.
This role would suit someone who has extensive experience within a CAM manufacturing, machining environment and has experience with milling methods and techniques.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide telephone and on-line support for our direct customers and resellers
- Play a key role in the testing of our software
- Write and adapt post-processors for 3, 3+2 and 5 axis milling machine
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written skills
- Technically minded
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional experience of CNC programming
- Knowledge of CAM and its application
- Some experience of computer programming would be beneficial, but is not essential
- Machining background essential
- Extensive experience on milling routers milling knowledge