Security Systems Service Engineer
Demob Job Reference: j2865
Job Title: Security Systems Service Engineer (x2)
Location: Manchester (Covering North West)
Salary: £27K (£30K OTE) + Benefits
Our client is a leading nationwide provider of high quality, cost effective commissioning, maintenance and repair of security systems. Our client, based in Manchester, are now seeking two Security System Service Engineers to be responsible for planned preventative service and maintenance as well as reactive tasks to a variety of security systems including CCTV, access control and intruder alarms. You will travel around the North West region with occasional nights away from home; therefore a flexible approach to work is essential.
Please note that due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must undergo BS7858 2012 Security Screening and CRB Check.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force who has relevant engineering experience with security systems.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for planning their own work schedule and journeys, maintaining and repairing of a wide variety of security systems on a range of customer sites from schools and colleges through to warehouse sites.
- Carry out routine servicing and maintenance of security systems (including Panasonic, Avigilon, Honeywell, Pyronix, Hikvision, Samsung, Axis, Pelco) to the relevant standards.
- Fault finding and repair of security systems.
- Carry out small installation tasks.
- Replace / repair necessary equipment and then test it to ensure that it is in working order.
- Install any new equipment that is needed to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Prepare necessary paperwork and complete maintenance logs to be submitted back to the office as well as the client to confirm work carried out.
- Promote the reputation of the company and to create a first class impression of the company at all times.
- Maintain health and safety with regard to the company works and equipment on site.
- Carry out on call duties on a rota basis and respond promptly to any "call out" from Company customers to ensure guaranteed service commitments.
- The successful candidate must have a strong background within engineering on a variety of intruder, CCTV and access control systems.
- Fault finding, maintenance and remedial works.
- Competent in integrated systems.
- Strong fault diagnosis skills both onsite and over the telephone.
- Ability to work onsite independently.
- Team player.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Be flexible in your approach to work as you will be required to travel around the North West.
- You will also be required to carry out overtime and be part of an on call rota.
- Full driving license essential.
- Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm.
- Company vehicle, mobile phone, laptop, PDA.
- Call-out payments and overtime available.
- 21 days holiday + 8 statutory days.