Electronic Design Engineer - Medical Devices
I am currently looking for an Electronic Design Engineer with previous experience in Medical Devices as soon as possible. Contract role for 3 months, possible extension, based in Kent. Rate is negotiable.
This company is a market leader in breath monitoring for medical applications, specialising in the manufacture of exhaled breath and gas monitoring instruments for medical, scientific and industrial markets throughout the world.
Key skills I am looking for and what the role involves:
- Electronic design skills from concept to volume manufacture (Ideally to BS EN 60601-1:2006 Medical Basic Safety)
- Schematic capture.
- PCB layout
- Prototype construction, testing and refinement.
- Fluent in analogue and digital design.
- Embedded real-time control system design
- Firmware development (Ideally to ISO62304 Medical Device Software and BS EN 60601-1:2006 Section 14 PEMS)
- Development, Testing and Documenting of new & existing designs
- Day to day project management as required.
- Design, source and commission of test equipment and jigs as required.
- Work closely with Marketing, Operations and QA to ensure successful new product launches.
- Knowledge of the Medical Devices Directive (2007/47/EC) and appropriate medical standards is desirable (e.g. ISO 1491:2009 Medical Risk management and BS EN 60601-1-2:2007 Medical EMC in addition to the above.)
- Reporting directly to Technical and Manufacturing Manager.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com