Automotive Project Manager - 12 Month Contract
RESPONSIBILITIES COMMON TO ALL EMPLOYEES
1. Deputise for your Manager at meetings when requested.
2. Prepare and provide appropriate reports for your Manager when requested.
3. Participate in the review, formulation and implementation of an 'Annual Business Plan'.
4. Participate in the review, formulation, implementation and achievement of an 'Annual Budget' and ensure its consistency with the 'Annual Business Plan'.
5. Participate in the provision of an accurate and representative progress report against the achievements of the 'Annual Business Plan'.
6. Participate in the selection and recruitment procedure where appropriate.
7. Demonstrate commitment to the principles of 'Continuous Improvement'. Participate in the identification and implementation of initiatives that will result in performance improvements.
8. Participate in the continuous development of systems, procedures and where appropriate 'work instructions', for all recurring departmental activities.
9. Participate in the development and publication of statistical measures of your department's service to both its internal and external customers.
10. Ensure that all operations in your work are carried out in compliance with current Health and Safety Regulations.
11. To carry out audits in line with the Company's audit schedules.
1. In conjunction with the Key Account Manager ensure full proactive support to specified new projects.
2. In conjunction with Purchasing, carry out initial sourcing of tooling and other bought out components, ensuring that tooling specifications and customer requirements are adhered to.
3. Liaise with Methods Engineering to produce design concepts and to agree timing for development of any specialised jigs, fixtures, stillaging or packaging systems, in order to meet both the timing and cost parameters of the project.
4. To issue Bill of Materials for all new projects.
5. To monitor and advise project status against the target cost being responsible for the project budgets and cash flow projections.
6. To determine the project time-scales monitoring progress against the master timing plan.
7. To ensure that all aspects of the APQP are fully complied with at all stages and that the resultant product is engineered to agreed standards, i.e. both external and internal customer requirements are achieved.
8. The Project Manager will estimate the time commitments required of each team member and will negotiate with the relevant Departmental Manager to underwrite the commitment of the team member
9. To maintain customer liaison and conformance to procedures peculiar to any particular customer.
10. Report writing communication and project file upkeep.
11. Demonstrate commitment to the principles of 'Continuous Improvement'.
12. To undertake other such duties which are consistent with the nature of the job and the level of responsibility.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com