IT Security Analyst
At Domestic & General, the leading specialist warranty services group in the UK, we have a tremendous record of stability and success. The continued development of our Information Security team is fundamental to underpin the growth of our business and we are currently interested in talking to Security Analysts who are keen join an established and forward thinking organization.
Based in Wimbledon, the IT Security Analyst tests the effectiveness of computer information systems and the manual processes supporting and interfacing with them, focusing on the security of the systems - their confidentiality, integrity and availability - and agrees and reports the findings, establishing plans with the system owners and custodians to mitigate issues arising.
- Monitoring and reporting on the security health of the D&G IT Services by:
- taking responsibility for day to day support and maintenance of the Enterprise Security Logs analysis and remediation tasks;
- creating and maintaining information security documentation, from policy to standard operating procedures and guidelines;
- the analysis of network/system logs, with focus on computer security and incident response, including vendor coordination.
- Supporting the risk management process by identifying threats against assets, assess vulnerability to these threats, and develop and monitor a plan to mitigate the risks arising from these threats.
To be successful in this role you will need the following experience:
- Strong experience in the information security operations required.
- Knowledge of standard log formats for infrastructure devices including proxies, mail services, identity management systems, firewalls, and other network devices.
- Familiarity with web and mail services logs.
- Experience with enterprise log management platforms (e.g., Symantec MSS).
- Knowledge of network routing protocols and internet troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with IDS/IPS systems, Web Proxy and full packet capture systems.
In return for the above we are offering:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Pension contributions
- Discounts to local shops and amenities.
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which include criminal record checks