Configuration and Data Manager
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a Configuration and Data Manager.
# Configuration Management # Change Management # Data Management # Document Management # Bills of Material.
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing and long-term thereafter).
Department offering hourly rates of £35.15 per hour dependent on skills and experience.
Configuration and Data Manager Description:
The Product Definition Group is responsible for the integrity and management of all company product design data, including mechanical and electronic engineering data packs. We have an opportunity to integrate an experienced and driven individual who can bring with them a good knowledge of Configuration, Change Management and Product Data Management to influence and support the group, whilst helping to facilitate a fast paced and exciting product development and manufacturing schedule.
Despite working within a defence industry, this role would similarly suit somebody with the outlined experience from either the automotive, aerospace or oil and gas industries where the importance of good product configuration is equally as high, and at the same time, bringing new ideas, methods and practices from these sectors to help drive improvements and efficiencies within the group.
Product Data Management Tool
• Manage project access
• Reviewing and approving Change Proposals for completion and accuracy
• The publishing of documents
• Maintaining a record of your projects change proposal status and documents.
• Create and maintain Project Structures
• Create and maintain Product Structures
• Maintain the configuration of Assembly / Part, Bills of Material
• Implementation of Design change’s into the Product Structure including the raising of part numbers
Configuration Management Plan (CMP)
• Responsible for maintaining the document
Design Signatories List (DSL)
• Maintain a register of Design Signatory changes and reflect this in the DSL
Advance Ordering Information (AOI)
• Review of the part data
• Maintain a register of AOI numbers and copies of the relevant forms
Sub-Contractor Engineering Change Requests (ECR)
• Maintain a register of ECR numbers and copies of the relevant forms
• Where Changes are managed outside of PDM , manage the route to approval and authorisation
Master Record Index / Configuration Status Record / Modification Strike Register
• Develop the reports from the PDM tool to meet contract requirements
• Maintain the currency of the documents distributing as required
• Support the Configuration Manager in the completion of Supplier Audits
• Interrogate drawings in support of design change process and implementation
• Provide Secretarial Duties to Configuration Management Committee / Non-Compliance / Modification Meetings
• Arrange rooms
• Prepare and distribute supporting documentation
• Prepare and distribute minutes
Ideally with a qualification in a technical discipline, City and Guilds / BTEC or above or relevant experience in a Configuration Management or Technical Data Management role.
Be able to demonstrate knowledge of CM principles and processes.
Experience of Bills of Materials and the review of drawings / models
Ideally be able to demonstrate an awareness of national, international and Defence Standards.
Be comfortable dealing with people at all levels within a company
To demonstrate a level of initiative a high concern for order and quality and an eye for detail
Good Communication Skills – Verbal, Written, Electronic, as well as being able to support and guide and influence key stakeholders.