Software Development Manager - Central Manchester - £47,000+
Java, PHP, MySQL, Linux
A strategic role, reporting into the IT Director you will be a key person all software development initiatives
My client is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Software Development Manager to join our thriving and growing team inManchester.
Ability and commitment are always important to us, although certain core skills are required.
All candidates should be highly motivated, have technical flair, an interest in all things technology, and an ability to communicate with the whole business from Managing Director level down.
As a Software Development Manager, you would be responsible for the development process and the people management of a growing team of developers.
In the position you will be required to work both independently and also be part of a team. You are an excellent communicator and have a can-do attitude.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To manage the development process and development projects, providing an interface between the business stakeholders and the lead developers.
- Articulating technical information to both non-technical staff and highly technical staff.
- To have a strong technical understanding of the solutions under construction and how they interacts with other connected systems
- Assisting technical architects in steering the team's technology choices, bridging the commercial and technical decisions.
Providing input to improve development process and procedures, maintaining a strong focus on quality
Experience and skills:
- Knowledge of the full development life cycle
- Can demonstrate a clear career progression in software development
- A working strong knowledge of various software development technologies, specifically with some of Java, PHP, MySQL
- Able to converse freely at a technical level with Solution Architects, Developers and PM's.
- Technical background with working experience at various levels within the development life cycle.
- Knowledge of change management and problem reporting systems..
- Strong Team and people management experience
Degree level or equivalent, with evidence of hands on development during career.
My client is currently holding interviews this week and next week therefore if the role is of interest please forward your CV as soon as possible to myself or call to discuss
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com