Location - St Albans
Salary: £50,000 plus package
Mechanical Estimator required for principle contractor, delivering predominately fit out with large amounts of Mechanical and Electrical building services. The business has been established for nearly 20 years and is enjoying growth with their list of clientele. Delivering complex turnkey projects in both critical and non-critical in most commercial sectors including offices, data centres, retail and public sector.
As the Mechanical Estimator, you will be responsible for the complete costing and bid preparation of entire projects. The estimator must factor all potential costs involved with each project including labour, materials, location, contract duration and programming and any special requirements that might be needed. They will need to build up the cost estimates by analysing the materials and labour needed to complete the project, take into consideration the cost of wasted materials and possible delays in the project, know the risks involved, and create compliant cost schedules, as per the pricing schedule proforma. All tenders will be checked by the director prior to being issued.
- Consult with clients, and colleagues to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Analyse drawings and specifications to prepare time, cost, materials, and labour estimates
- Prepare estimates for the use in selecting suppliers and subcontractors
- Visits sites where required to assess the specific site conditions and requirements
- Confer with engineers, designers, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Review material and labour requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to construct or sub-contractors
- Liaise with clients efficiently and effectively
- Liaise with purchasing for all materials and/or place orders directly with suppliers & sub-contractors
Contact Michael Taylor for more information on 01622357230
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.