Senior Estimator - Ruislip
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR AN EXPERIENCED ESTIMATOR TO JOIN BUSY ESTABLISHED CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Main Contractor is looking to recruit a talented Estimator to join their team in Ruislip, Middlesex/West London.
Working on projects typically between £2 million- £10 million. Projects include works in the High End Residential Sector and Commercial works such as refurbishment & fit-outs of Hotels, Offices & Schools. Your role will be based in the office (South Ruislip) and may require occasional site visits.
Full job specification and requirements
We are a medium sized based contractor specialising in quality new build and refurbishment projects in and around London particularly West London, Middx, Herts, Bucks & Berks.
Project types and values range from traditional to D&B up to £5M pounds.
Due to increased workload we are seeking an Estimator to join our team to carry out all estimating duties including:
- Taking tenders from initial enquiry to submission.
- Provision of timely and accurate estimates
- Analyse contract documentation and prepare accurate subcontractor packages for pricing.
- Maintaining an updated cost base
- Liaise and negotiate with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Active participation in adjudication meetings
- Requirement to carry out some surveying duties when necessary
- Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations.
- Previous estimating experience of at least 5 years with a contractor in a similar role
- Knowledge of building material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking off) and H&S.
- Computer skills, especially Excel
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- Well-spoken and personable.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Confident and resourceful
- Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach
- Self-motivated with ability to work alone or in a team
- Local knowledge of suppliers and subcontractors
This is an excellent opportunity to work with an established contractor as they continue to expand.
Apply for this position below or alternatively for further information please contact Mark Seckerson on 07896 079493 or email.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website.
We are specialists in Construction Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications.