Location - Stevenage
Mechanical Estimator require for building engineering services contractor, specialising in engineering projects for interior fit out. With knowledge and experience spans across a wide range of services including, design and installation of M&E. Operating in various sectors including, date centres, critical environments and infrastructure.
As Mechanical Estimator you will look after all aspects of the estimating role from effective handling of new enquiries entering the business, through customer liaison regarding site visits, survey and mid/post tender interviews, accurately pricing the mechanical and public health services associated with the project and compilation and ownership of the quotation/tender documents for issue. At all times ensure the business principles of quality, profitability and close client relationships are implemented.
- Complete responsibility of allocated enquiries/projects which would include but not be limited to the following activities.
- Close liaison with clients/potential clients regarding any enquiries received into the company and assigned, representing the business in a professional manner at all times.
- Establishing key aspects associated with the enquiry regarding site survey dates, survey requirements, return deadline and required submission method.
- Attend site surveys, or tender interviews as necessary.
- To liaise with other departments regarding completion of all information as identified as required within the enquiry, this may involve liaison with commercial, legal, procurement, accounts, design, HSQA, project delivery teams and directors of the business as appropriate.
- In a timescale sympathetic to the project return date, accurately assess any employers requirement/tender documents/specification and generate and despatch enquiries for specialist sub-contract trades and plant/material items.
- Evaluate supplier and sub-contract returns to ensure compliance with the tender specification/documentation.
- Accurately undertake any necessary take-offs of drawings and schedules and perform data entry into the estimating software selected by the Business.
- Follow all company procedures for enquiry and tender handling.
- Provide prime cost reports for management/director input as to required OHP and mark-up.
- Generate commentary regarding exclusions and clarifications associated with the return offer.
- Oversee the compilation of the tender return to ensure all elements are accounted for prior to submittal.
- Provide ongoing assistance to the projects team if requests for the generation of variation costs are received.
- Provide feedback to allow other departments to effectively monitor and control the supplier and sub-contract supply chain to ensure best value is achieved.
- Liaise closely with the procurement department regarding cost and selection of equipment, materials and sub-contract packages to achieve best value at tender stage.
- Mechanical engineering qualification/experience - Preferably ONC equivalent or above
- Good computer literacy including ability to work on Estimation, word and excel software
- Driving licence holder
- CSCS card holder
- Knowledge of other estimating systems
- Some low level design and/or installation experience would be beneficial.
- Salary: Negotiable Depending on Experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
Contact Michael Taylor for more information on 01622357230
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.