Junior Estimator - Civil Engineering
Manchester, North West
£30,000 - £35,000*
My client is one of the country's leading build and civil engineering companies and is looking for a Junior Estimator to join their team in Manchester and contribute to the success of some of the UK's most interesting, challenging and high-profile projects.
Joining the Manchester Office you will be a part of a team who bids for major Civil Engineering projects across the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Estimator to join a growing Civils/Estimating Team for one of the biggest names in the UK.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Junior Estimator would do the following:
- Consult with industry experts to discuss estimates and resolve issues
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time and raw material, equipment, and labor expenses
- Travel to job sites to gather information on materials needed, labor requirements, and other factors
- Read blueprints and technical documents to prepare estimates
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, owners, and contractors on estimates
- Use sophisticated computer software to calculate estimates
- Evaluate a product's cost effectiveness or profitability
- Recommend ways to make a product more cost effective or profitable
- Prepare estimates for clients and other business managers
- Develop project plans for the duration of the project
Job Skills & Knowledge
The Junior Estimator should have the following:
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to recognise Risks and Opportunities
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficiency with working with Estimating Software CCS Candy
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications
As the successful Junior Estimator you will receive the following:
£30,000 - £35.000* + car or allowance, healthcare and pension
*Salary could be considered for the right candidate.
How to apply
To apply for the position of a Junior Estimator in Manchester please submit all CV Applications to Julia at Project Resource, Manchester Office.
in the first instance quoting vacancy # and we will contact you within 3 working days if your application has been successful.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an employment agency/business.