My client has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Estimator to work within a dynamic and expanding team and company. This is a great window of opportunity for an Assistant Estimator to progress their career or for someone looking to move away from a site-based role and having completed a degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering.
The company is constantly striving to overcome barriers and deliver a first class service to every client they work with. The team is friendly and sociable and employees feel valued for their services, strongly believing in core values and the patience and flexibility to cater every employee who works for them
- 2-3 years Estimating experience
- Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
- Experienced in working with standard methods or measurements
- Experienced in varying types of projects including commercial, residential, education, and healthcare
- You must have experience of working within a 'contractor' environment
- A confident communicator with all members of staff; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, suppliers and have a personable character
- Organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines of a daily or weekly basis
- Microsoft office proficient
- Estimating software experience preferably 'Causeway'
- Electronic measuring experience preferably 'Cadmeasure'
- Responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions
- Examining incoming tenders and reviewing contract potential
- Producing bills of quantities
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations agreements and inquiries
- Build up tender price from first principles based on the scope of works, plans, and specifications
- Producing tender reports in preparation for tender adjudication
- Attending pre & post contract interviews, client meetings
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a well-respected and renowned contractors as well as working on some the most exciting and challenging projects in London.
If you have experience in a similar role and are keen to progress your career please email Alex White to register your interest or call 0118 952 2240