This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing principle contractor based in North London.
Do you want a fantastic working environment? Are you looking for an experienced team where you can gain your RICS chartership? Do you want to reach your potential and move up the ladder in your career?
CULTURE: Being part of this fantastic team means you will enjoy:
- Beautiful offices in a North London busy town
- Social events throughout the year
- Exposure to a large and successful commercial team
- A relaxed and professional working environment
- RICS/APC chartership sponsorship with working groups set up amongst the office so that colleagues can work together to successfully become chartered
- Commercial Directors and Managers are RICS assessors themselves and can sponsor and support your chartership in a very practical way
- Training and mentoring to suit your career plan
- Progression in your level of responsibility and a clear promotion structure to make your development targets clear and attainable from the outset
- Awards and recognition for your efforts and performance
ROLE: In the water or power division of this impressive contractor, the quantity surveyor will be responsible for the:
- Preparation of internal Cost/Value Reports on a monthly basis
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material Procurement Schedules.
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
- Preparation of Early Warning Notices and associated registers.
- Identification and substantiation of Compensation Events/variations, extension of time claims, etc.
- Assist in the identification of commercial risks and opportunities and carry out value engineering exercises as required.
- Provide assistance, support and guidance to junior staff on commercial issues within the Projects
- Re-measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS: My client is looking for the following traits:
Enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is key for anyone thinking of joining this lively team! You will have the opportunity to go far and to enjoy quick progression, so it is essential that you have the passion and enthusiasm to grab this opportunity with both hands!
Experience. You will need to be experienced in some if not all of the points in the above job description. You will also need to be familiar with administering NEC forms of contract.
Relevance. You will need to have QS experience from a contracting background rather than consultancy or client side. Your experience will also need to come from a civil engineering project rather than residential or build.
Qualifications. Qualifications are NOT necessary for this position. The commercial director is open minded about the background that you come from and would welcome applicants with civils QS experience and a degree of any background
Note: All applications are kept confidential and contact will be established with you before submission of your CV to any client.
If you feel you would meet the criteria and would like to pursue this further, please apply by clicking below.
If you would like to add me on LinkedIn and be kept up to date with the latest civil engineering projects and commercial positions please click here:
For any more information please call Lucy Denham on 0203 6800 650.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.