Junior Site Manager
A specialist housing refurbishment contractor who has a very full order book is currently looking to hire a Junior Site Manager. The housing contractor has over 20 years' experience delivering specialist housing schemes for a huge amount of housing associations and public sector clients. They are a business that focuses on training entry level staff and believe on growing their teams from within so that they can mold them into their way of working - Client focused and creating a culture where people want to stay and develop themselves. Because of this they have a very low staff turnaround and the person this role will be reporting into has been with the business for over 15 years.
The Junior Site Manager will be working on a housing refurbishment scheme which is due to handover in late 2019 and is worth more than £40m.
As Junior Site Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Health and Safety - Ensure that the company's health and safety policies are adhered to
- Managing subcontractors - Building relationships with established subcontractors
- Planning and program - Build short term programs
- Reporting - Build progress reports for management
- General day to day of ensuring that all personnel are happy and delivering a good project
Required skills and experience:
- Experience working for another UK main contractor in a similar operational role
- Can successfully demonstrate key success stories on delivering other UK based projects
- Ideally have proven ability to deliver housing refurbishment works
- Industry recognized qualifications - HND, Degree or trades background
- Must have up to date tickets - SMSTS, CSCS card, First Aid at Work etc.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
In return for your work, you will be rewarded with a very competitive basic salary as well as a car or car allowance, pension scheme, full travel expenses, private healthcare and a discretionary bonus.