Site Manager - Steel Engineering
Our Client is a Middlesex based leading steel engineering company, working on numerous projects across the Southeast of England. Our client designs, manufactures and assembles CE Marked structural steelwork and architectural metalwork for construction industry projects of all sizes. Established for over 30 years, they’ve proudly maintained strong working relationships with clients such as: Collins Construction; ISG; O’Halloran & O’Brien; Skanska; Willmott Dixon and many more. The company’s ability to oversee every aspect of steel manufacture and construction, bringing flexible but disciplined management to each project have consistently proved to be a major advantage to clients and their customers.
Structural & Architectural London based Steelwork Company looking for a time served Site Manager to lead teams of steel erectors and site welders on various sites throughout Londonon various sites throughout London. A Site Manager who thrives on a challenge, who has pride in their work and a passion for steel need only apply. Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Excellent knowledge of steel and other products within the industry (Purlins, Decking, Metalwork’s, Temporary Steelwork, Structural Refurbishment Steelwork etc...)
- Manage Team of Steel Erectors, Site welders & Labourers
- Excellent knowledge and ability to read structural drawings, connection details and specifications
- Ability to coordinate the Design; Production & Installation of Projects; fully understand the project requirements/scope of works/specification
- Ability to work to scope of works, budgets and programs
- Ability to produce programs
- Ability to manage and liaise with site team, clients site team and engineers
- Ability to liaise with the company buyer, workshop and QS's
- Excellent Negotiation Skills and ability to defuse high pressure situations
- Appointment and control of sub-contractors in conjunction with the purchasing department.
- Preparation & submission of project status reports for all on and off-site activities.
- Attend regular Company co-ordination meetings.
- Maintain accurate records to safeguard the client’s contractual position.
- Attend client design and progress meetings.
- Monitor sub-contractors and suppliers
Salary will be in the region of £35,000 - £45,000 Subject to skill and experience. The company offers a fantastic working environment and will provide the opportunity to progress your career through excellent guidance, support and training.
Our client is looking for a candidate who is exceptionally experienced, driven and highly competent especially with steel and design management on jobs. The candidate will be expected to hold the following qualifications:
- Managers CSCS
- IOSH (Preferred)
- NVQ Level 7 (Preferred)
- Degree Qualifications in Civil or Structural Engineering (Preferred)
- AP or Lifting Supervisor (Preferred)