Commercial Manager - Public Sector Residential Developer
A public sector client side organisation based in West London are seeking a Commercial Manager to join the Commercial Team to manage the surveying and buying operations, maintain cost control as well as managing stakeholder's relationships. This organisation are delivering residential lead new build schemes across London.
Role and Responsibilities of the Commercial Manager:
Reporting into the Commercial Director the Commercial Manager's role will include:
- Overseeing and maximise procurement opportunities.
- Maintain cost control against original budgets.
- Manage a team of experienced surveyors and buyers.
- Contribute to the development, improvement and growth of the commercial team.
- To manage and maintain the Finishes Specifications for all build methods, unit types and tenures.
- Manage the updating and ongoing upkeep of the scope of works, standard forms, templates and payment system.
- Manage the collation of the monthly liabilities, ensuring costs remains within budget as well as forecasting ahead and providing analysis on cost to complete.
- Quantity Surveying related degree.
- MRICS or MCIOB, ideally however not essential.
- 5+ years' experience at either a Residential Developer or Main Contractor.
- Residential or Mixed-Use new build.
- Current full driving licence.
Salary: £70-80k + Package and excellent benefits offering a great work-life balance.
If you are interested or would like any further information regarding the role, please contact Alex Smith on 020 3056 0273 or at
If you are considering a career move but this position is not right for you, please give Alex a call to discuss other roles which could be more suitable. Alex specialises in Quantity Surveying recruitment across Developers, Consultancies and Main Contractors, welcoming any speculative applications, permanent or contract at all levels.