Director - Specialist Building Consultancy
Specialist consultancy based in Central London are looking to add a Director of Building Surveying to their team.
- Detailed knowledge and application of building surveying principles, philosophy and practice
- Experience carrying out the following on a wide variety of buildings, including commercial residential and industrial property:
- Design, specification and contract administration for building repair, maintenance, refurbishment, rehabilitation, remodelling and improvement works;
- Building surveys & reports
- Technical due diligence;
- Project and programme management;
- Defect Analysis & Reporting;
- Inspection for and preparation of schedules of dilapidations, dilapidations assessments and Repairs Notices for landlord and tenants;
- Feasibility studies and viability appraisals;
- Preparing outline budget estimates of costs as preparation for works and projects;
- Implementation of sustainable strategies for property;
- Acting as Principal Designer and giving Health and Safety advice as required by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Ability to review building surveying output for QA purposes and setting up of QA procedures;
- Diverse knowledge gained from work in both Public and Private Sectors, with a Consultancy background.
- Ability to lead on bids, tenders, pitches and fee submissions and provide strategic advice to clients
- To prepare proposals/bids for presentation to clients (internal and external).
What you have to offer:
- MRICS qualified or equivalent, with at least 5 years PQE
- A strong professional track record, specialising in building surveying, from a consultancy background and with a desire for a progressive career;
- Strong commercial aptitude
- Strong technical skills;
- Strong strategic skills;
- Client focused individual with an ability to recognise and deliver client centric capabilities and value propositions;
- An ambition to drive the business forward and an interest to develop both new and existing services;
- An ability to seek out and develop business through building strong working relationships;
- Commercially aware and financially astute individual;
- A clear thinking person demonstrating attention to detail who is well organised and can operate independently under a broad direction;
- A team player who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals both within the Group and outside;