Project Manager - Highways
Project Manager - Highways
Job Reference Number - JM11215
Project Manager - Highways - South East London, £45,000-£55,000 per annum
Working with a large design consultancy to support the project delivery major highway, public realm and transportation schemes. The client is looking for a strong Project Manager with a background in design and large scale scheme delivery.
The role will require a Project Manager with a proven track record in the Highway and Transportation industry. They must be able to work with limited management and have a strong understanding of Urban and Public Realm Schemes. Working with Contractors, Clients and Internal Teams to projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- To Project Manage a portfolio of major high profile 'public realm' schemes, from inception through to handover.
- To manage all aspects of the delivery of the project, covering client, programme, financial, and stakeholder management.
- To liaise with the client team on progress and to provide advice and guidance as necessary.
- To present reports and presentations to the client team and other key stakeholders
- To undertake liaison with other teams and within the wider business and other key stakeholders.
- To manage project design teams and resources from other offices
Key Skills and Experience for the role
- Experience of managing a team and the ability to manage resources to deliver work on time and to agreed budgets.
- Experience of managing major urban highway projects through the project life cycle, and working with contractors.
- Must have the ability to prioritise, to achieve deadlines and to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to liaise with others including public sector officials, members of the public and other Senior colleagues.
- Good experience and knowledge of project and programme management
- Good working knowledge of current national, regional and local guidance/standards with regards to the fields of highway engineering. Knowledge of the DMRB
- Awareness of up to date initiatives/best practice in highways and transportation.
- Awareness of all of the following disciplines:
- Construction methodology
- Health and Safety, including the CDM Regulations
- Contract Administration (specifically NEC contract)
- Demonstrate initiative with managing workload
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be self motivated
- A Relevant Project Management qualification (ie PRINCE2 Practitioner)
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent
This opportunity is offering the right candidate between £45,000 and £55,000 per annum to join a major consultancy.
So if you are looking for a change or the next step in your career an opportunity like this might give you the perfect option to challenge and reward you.