Senior Planning Enforcement Officer
Are you looking to work in a London authority as a senior planning enforcement officer?
A south London authority are looking to hire a knowledgeable, experienced enforcement officer to assist in providing high quality, customer-focused planning service by investigating alleged breaches of planning control, and pursuing the most appropriate and effective action to remedy these, working closely with Development Management/Conservation/Policy planners and officers in other services.
Some of the roles responsibilities will consist off:
- investigate alleged breaches of planning control in line with the relevant Town Planning Acts
- Ensure that all complaints alleging unauthorised development are recorded, acknowledged and investigated.
- To interview complainants.
- To maintain a record of all instructions issued in respect of enforcement action and associated legal proceedings to the Council's legal contractors.
- To obtain relevant authorisation and serve statutory notices when necessary
- To maintain a thorough up to date knowledge of relevant law, policies, working practices and procedures.
- To work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in multi-disciplinary and cross-organisational groups and task teams.
The authority are keen on the successful applicant staying for a year, the rate will be £20-£23 per hour, if you believe you are best suited for this role, please forward your CV.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.