Managing Quantity Surveyor
Managing Quantity Surveyor - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire - £70,000-£80,000 plus package
Are you a strong Managing QS with experience leading and delivering on large scale projects? Can you motivate staff to deliver exceptional standards and remain on track? Do you have experience within large/main contractors?
If the answer is yes, please read on as we currently have the pleasure in supporting this leading business in recruiting for an MQS on a flagship project in Cambridge.
Benefits of this company include:
- Working with a main contractor
- Nationally recognised business with sustainable, profitable growth plans
- Great opportunity of progression, training and development with a focus on staff retention
- Lots of repeat clients
- Plenty of local and regional projects
- Fantastic benefits package including health, pension and car/car allowance
Responsibilities of the successful Managing Quantity Surveyor includes:
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure staff are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company's needs.
- Actively promote internal initiatives to drive satisfaction and profitability
- Advising on contracts and negotiations
- Ensure the project and programme targets are met
- Liaise with senior stakeholders
- Assist in ensuring the right calibre of staff are maintained
- Maintain and coordinate all commercial reports required
- Preparation of the forecasting and reporting of costs
- Ensure all subcontract issues are resolved
- Managing/agreeing valuations/variations
- Managing and negotiating with subcontractors
- Cash flow forecasts
Requirements of the Managing Quantity Surveyor includes:
- Have a degree in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
- Show longevity to previous employers
- Be working or have recently worked in a similar role
- Be commercially astute and have a keen eye for detail
This client is looking to interview as soon as possible. For more information please contact me directly.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.