Senior Flood Engineer
Job title: Senior Flood Engineer / Modeller
Job type: Contraction
Duration: 3 months+
Salary Package: £20-25 per hour
Blueprint Recruitment Solutions has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Flood Engineer to join our established client on a contract basis. In this position you will be responsible for flood risk assessments, flood mitigation design, hydrological modelling, client management and ensuring the continued development of junior engineers. You will also act as technical lead for bringing together different dimensions of modelling designs and engineering aspects of specific projects.
Our client is an International multidisciplinary consultancy and are renowned for their prestigious UK and overseas projects. In the UK they are known as a centre of excellence, and have delivered award-winning landscape architecture projects. They currently have an opening for an experienced Senior Flood Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
· Experience in a similar position and relevant qualification
o Chartered or close to achieving chartership
o Degree educated in civil engineering or environmental sciences
· Strong technical ability with relevant software
o ISIS/Flood Modeller, ESTRY and TUFLOW
· Strong working knowledge of relevant GIS packages
o MapInfo and QGIS
· Knowledge and understanding of hydraulic behaviour and channel / flood risk management structures
· Experience in quality assurance, hydrological models is desirable
· Proven experience of developing flood risk solutions
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for liaising with clients and other members of the team
This is an exciting opportunity a flood engineer to gain valuable experience for a highly prestigious organisation. The ideal candidate will have good working knowledge how to conduct flood risk assessments and have experience in a similar experience. Our client is offering an excellent salary rate, negotiable based on experience, for this 3+ month contract role based in Bristol.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Ashley Clarke on 02392 603034 or email and quote 11527AC, or apply directly using the 'Apply' option below.