Project Manager - Construction
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing part of our clients Infrastructure business where you will be based in Bristol, working on projects across the South West. Our client works with a range of high profile and prestigious clients throughout these areas, and you will be exposed to a range of projects covering Commercial, Residential, Leisure and Higher Education sectors.
This role will see you working internally with the Project Directors and Quantity Surveyors, as well as building strong relationships with clients and stakeholders. You will also occasionally travel throughout the southwest to project sites, and be exposed to high profile key projects nationally.
What you will do:
As a Project Manager, you will expected to perform a broad range of duties including the following:
- Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the client and confirm the design brief
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities and gateways needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities and ensure a cost plan is prepared
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
Implement and manage the project
- Coordinate the tendering process from PQQ to contract award
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Chair and administer project team meetings
- Coordinate the work of the client consultants including designers and cost managers
- Monitor the progress of the project and manage a robust change control process.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the client organisation on the progress of the project
- Undertake value management exercises in collaboration with the client team and the contractor as appropriate
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Administer the contract in accordance with the clients requirements
- Establish and chair regular meetings between the contractor and consultant disciplines
- Validate payments and issue interim certificates throughout construction
- Manage and advise on testing and commissioning, defects and any extension of time claims
- Oversee the practical completion and handover at the end of a project
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Your experience will include:
- Demonstrable project management experience of working within the private consultant or public sector
- Knowledge of project management and contract forms including JCT and NEC3
- Experience in Highways and Infrastructure projects would be desirable
- Sound understanding and experience of one or more of the following sectors; Commercial Developer, Residential, Higher Education.
- Competence in Project, Excel and standard software packages
- Construction related degree and professional membership e.g. MRICS, MAPM
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.