Contracts Manager Main contractor
About the Company:Our client is a well-established building contractor who continues to grow comfortably and autonomously. They cover the Northern Home Counties down through London across the Commercial, Residential, Healthcare, and Education and can be anything from maintenance and repair through to multi-million pound developments. Some of their projects include a £1.42m New Build Office block for Lee Valley Park Authority, £2.5m New Sports Hall for Woodhouse College and a £1.2m different refurbishments for Watford General Hospital.About the role We are currently recruiting for a Contract Manager to oversee various public & private new build and refurbishment projects within London and the M25 region. You will have the autonomy to oversee and manage the project teams across two to four contracts ranging from £1 to £7m in value. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Manage project staff to establish and maintain highly motivated and dedicated project teams
- Monitor site progress and communicate programme and subsequent changes to all affected parties.
- Intervene and agree action plans to recover delays where possible.
- Ensure timely request for and delivery of all information that is on the programme.
- Identify variations to contract that will impact on the programme and ensure programme is revised to accommodate them.
- Compile such reports as are required to demonstrate progress against programme and budget.
- Compile procurement schedules and liaise with Senior Buyer re site supply and specialist requirements, specifying deadlines.
- Ensure enquiries and/or tender packages are sent to sub-contractors and suppliers so that orders can be placed in time to meet programme.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and consultants.
- Work as part of the pre-construction team through the pre-tender & tender process