Senior Civil Design Engineer
Have you ever wanted to work for an award-winning consulting engineering practice? An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Civil Design Engineer to join the busy and expanding team in Guildford.
You must be able to demonstrate a suitable level of experience in below ground drainage and road / pavement design and be able to work with minimal supervision but also able to supervise and support junior members of the team. You will be expected to be responsible for the production of technical design information including drawings, calculations, specifications and reports. You will be a good communicator and able to liaise effectively with clients and other design team members.
You will also be expected to assist in the preparation of bids and proposals for new schemes together with the project management and financial control of small and medium sized projects.
The work is across a range of sectors including educational, residential and commercial for both private and public sector clients from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring. The ideal candidate will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focussed on the delivery of high quality solutions to clients.
This role is based in Guildford, Surrey and the office is accessible via public transport and Parking is also available. They have 100 + staff across their several offices and the Guildford office has around 50 staff both engineers and technicians.
To be considered for this role you must have/be:
- A proven track record in highways and drainage works. Able to work autonomously and demonstrate a high level of proficiency and expertise in these core areas
- Ability to use computer modelling packages such as PDS, Windes and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experienced in the production of specifications and technical reports such as Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies
- Experienced in the use of design standards such as Sewers for Adoption, the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Manual for Streets
- Experienced in adoptable infrastructure design and the negotiation of Section 104, 106, 38 and 278 Agreements.
- Good communication skills
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.