Project Manager (Demolition, Groundwork’s, Structural Alterations)
London – Projects throughout London + Home Counties
£65,000 - £75,000 + package
About the company:
Our privately owned client is a leading name within the civil engineering and demolition industry that prides themselves on their excellent reputation to deliver projects within budget and to programme, whilst always maintaining high standards and quality. They are based just outside of London and as a group, successfully complete projects as a principal contractor and as a subcontractor throughout the UK which have values in excess of £10M. Their core areas of expertise include asbestos removal, soft stripping, enabling works and structural alterations and as a group, they turnover in excess of £50M.
Our client recruits only the best people, who are motivated, dedicated and can work with a professional outlook. Having worked closely with this client for many years, I would highly recommend them as they offer an excellent working environment where they encourage individuals to grow, develop and expand. Furthermore, with a close management team, the business has the ability to offer a real family feel, assuring that you will be a name rather than just a number within the organisation.
About the position:
Based upon current and anticipated workload, our client is recruiting permanently for a Project Manager. As a Demolition Senior Project Manager will join the company’s existing management team, reporting directly to contracts manager and will be responsible for the onsite management of a project, ensuring it is managed within time and budget. As a demolition project manager you will have a clear understanding of the value of the contact and its duration and you will have a clear understanding of the client and project expectations and requirement.
Your roles will include, but will not be limited to, the following responsibilities
- Produce contract programmes of works from contact /construction information.
- Ensure on time delivery within budget forecasted costs.
- Ensure all works carried out comply with current H&S and environmental legislation.
- Ensure objectives are set and performance is measured through appraisals and regular reviews.
- Prepare and deliver progress reports for external client meetings.
- Prepare monthly internal performance review reports for Directors taking full responsibility for all operational and commercial elements of the particular contract.
- Ensure all client expectations are either met or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with the client.
- Manage productivity of the contact / site team.
- Take ownership of the Bid Proposal, strategy and complaints in order to meet project forecast deliverables and obligations.
About the requirements:
To be considered for this position, candidates will ideally have a degree / HNC or equivalent in a construction related discipline. Additionally, individuals must hold an SMSTS, first aid Certificate (4 day), asbestos awareness certificate and have experience in temporary works.
Please note: Proven experience in a similar position within a demolition contractor is vital and as this is a permanent position, I am looking for candidates who can demonstrate stability of employment throughout their career, holding each appointment for a minimum of 3 years.
About the rewards / benefits:
For this role we are targeting candidates looking to earn anywhere between £65,000 - £75,000 per annum, however specific remuneration will depend on experience and suitability. Furthermore, there will be a generous package offered in addition to other benefits associated with a large successful company.
How to apply:
If interested, please send a copy of your CV to laura@ cityscapeltd.com or call 01923 750 095 / 07876 864 945 to discuss the role further on a confidential basis.