Senior Quantity Surveyor
This is your chance to join a main contractor working in a joint venture on one of London's Biggest Infrastructure projects!
This work is worth more than £800 million in value and the project will be ongoing until 2021. The main contractor's revenue is upward of £8billion per year and has been well established since the 1950s.
- Providing advice and guidance to managers on achieving value for money
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with subcontractors, balancing the delivery of quality services with achieving best value for the business.
- Absolute focus on cost control in all aspects of activity in line with the business financial systems
- Effective integration with all aspects of projects and collaboration with project management teams to establish good communications
- Liaison with procurement teams as required to ensure compliance with financial parameters
- Production and monitoring of Applications/Final Accounts
- Checking of agreed subcontract Applications/Final Accounts
- Coaching and advising assistant quantity surveyors and estimators to aid the development of skills in the business
- Previous experience in a quantity surveying role
- Working knowledge of NEC forms of contract
- Experience of managing external stakeholders
- Knowledge of contract structure and law
- Experience of contract management
- Procurement (subcontract) experience
- Knowledge of programme management
- Experience of managing a supply chain and subcontractors
- Experience of working in a cost conscious environment
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact at a variety of levels
Note: All applications are kept confidential and contact will be established with you before submission of your CV to any client.
If you feel you would meet the criteria and would like to pursue this further, please apply by clicking below.
If you would like to add me on LinkedIn and be kept up to date with the latest civil engineering projects and commercial positions please click here:
For any more information please call Lucy on 0203 6800 650.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.