Civil Design Engineer
A vacancy in Guildford exists for a Civil Design Engineer to join this well established, leading firm of consulting civil and structural engineers with over 100 employees, offering a nationwide service to the construction industry from several offices across the UK.
The firm offers a range of specialist services, all integrated to best serve the needs of the clients in the market sectors in which they operate.
The ideal candidate for this role should have working experience within a design consultancy as well as:
- Understanding of foul and surface water drainage network design and the factors affecting those designs
- Experience in ground drainage design
- Experience in road/pavement design
- Understanding of highway layouts both horizontal and vertical
- Experience in the use of design standards such as Sewers for Adoption, the design Manual for Roads and Bridges etc
- Awareness of flood risk assessments
- Competency in the use of AutoCAD
- Be able to assist in the preparation of designs, calculations, specifications and reports
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Be Chartered or nearing this status with a relevant professional body (ICE)
You should be able to produce drawings, calculations, specifications and reports as well as have good communication skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a reputable firm who offer the opportunity to work on exciting projects. The company offer a flexible salary commensurate with experience as well as a good benefits package.
Contract staff will also be considered for this role.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.