Project Surveyor - Residential New Build
Quantity Surveyor, Residential New Build - Surrey
This well established national house builder has developed an enviable reputation across the South East for quality residential projects and due to continued growth, are now recruiting an additional Quantity Surevyor to join their QS Department.
As part of the Quantity Surveying Department, you will manage all commercial aspects of projects from pre-contract through to final account, on projects ranging from £500k to £10m in value.
- Optimise company performance by minimising costs and maximising value to the clients’ satisfaction by actively managing commercial and contractual risk.
- Maintain relevant documentation and electronic records at all times in accordance with good practice and company procedures.
- Perform pre-contract activities, to measure / cost / evaluate risk / bid competitively tendered or negotiated opportunities.
- Monitor, evaluate and manage contractual / commercial risk to suit the best interests of the company.
- Review and check all project documentation for approval.
- Ensure Performance Bonds and Warranties are appropriately administered in a timely manner.
- Ensure supplier and subcontract resources are suitably appointed based on sound contractual terms giving due consideration to risk and within a sound and robust contractual framework.
- Undertake measurement and valuation of works undertaken, including compiling / collating appropriate records.
- Undertake and submit valuations and ensure subsequent certification / client approval is obtained by the due date.
- Ensure Company invoices are submitted.
- Undertake and certify subcontractor valuations
- Ensure consultants & subcontractors have the appropriate CIS tax certificate and the correct level of insurances (Employer's Liability / Public Liability / Professional Indemnity / Other specific Insurances).
- Administer and agree final account submissions with employers & /or their representatives.
- Issue / approve final account statements.
- Administer and agree final account submissions with consultants / subcontractors / suppliers. Issue / approve final account statements to suit.
- Ideally degree qualified and chartered/RICS with experience gained on large residential developments.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to become part of a well-established and successful team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a stable and reputable contractor.