Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our client is looking for a fantastic Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their existing team in their Bristol office looking after sites in the Bristol area.It is a chance to work for one of the main residential developers in the UK who have a reputation of delivering large scale, high volume residential developments.
They have an excellent career structure and offer great rates of pay including health and pension with a bonus scheme offered on an annual basis if the company has reached all the targets for the year. This is a chance to move to one of the fastest growing companies in the UK as they have over 50 live projects at the moment with at least another 20 planned for next year alone.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible to ensuring timely & accurate cost management, dealing with contractual matters, procurement & payment of sub-contractors for a complex and large volume of development projects; from pre-operational stage, through to final account settlement.
Responsibilities of the role will include;
- Assisting in the speedy, accurate and cost effective management for development sites from pre-production negotiation to completion
- Negotiating and letting of sub-contractors within the set timescales including the recommendation of cost effective initiatives on the development design detailed and materials specified.
- Preparation of sub-contract documents ensuring that they contain all work and/or materials which are likely to be required to enable the dwelling to be ultimately completed
- Providing any further assistance and information to the Surveying Executive as and when required
- Assist at all times in maintaining a safe working environment within Company workplaces, and applying the Company Health & Safety Policy, for their own, their colleagues, third parties and public's benefit.
The incumbent should meet the following criteria:
- RICS/CIOB qualification
- Must be commercially aware with the ability to manage staff
- Extensive experience in a senior surveying position, ideally within the house building industry or with a developer with mixed use credentials
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task
If you have the relevant experience with other residential developers and wish to progress your career further with this fantastic company, then please forward your CV for a confidential chat.